After the fall of mankind in the garden Satan proceeded to lie about God. Satan continues to deceive many concerning what God said about the fulfillment purpose of a man with a woman and a woman with a man. There are many who have believed Satan. They have believed their own rationale that all manner of human relationships are pleasing to God if, 1) one was born in that way, 2) they are not hurting anyone, or 3) they are happy. Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, I believe to understand this great mystery is to understand something about the nature, the oneness, of God and how he desires to see that same oneness in marriage and in the church.
- What is the significance of this great mystery?
- What does this great mystery suggest about the nature and purpose of God and his relation to mankind and the church?
- How does it concern man and woman in marriage?
- How does it concern the church?
- Why does Paul draw such a correlation between man and woman and Christ and the church?
- Is there a manner in which all mankind, not just the saints in Christ, participate and are therefore aware of the reality of this great mystery?