Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Indwelling of Deity in the Believer





Round Rock Church of Christ
1200 Georgetown Road, Round Rock, TX 78664

The indwelling of deity in the believer
June 5 thru August 21

Purpose: To encourage the saints in Christ and build up our confidence through our understanding of the Holy Spirit who lives in our hearts.

Approach: A primary focus on the gospel of John involving the Holy Spirit.

Goal: That the saints in Christ may be equipped and ready to restore the fallen and strengthen the weak and that through our speech the unbelieving and the unlearned will declare that Emmanuel is among us in the assembly of the saints.

Week 1   Introduction
Week 2   The power of the Word of God.

Week 3   The prophets, David, Elizabeth & Zacharias.
Week 4   How did deity dwell in Jesus? (John 14)

Week 6   Is the Spirit with you or in you? (John 14)
Week 7   Does the Holy Spirit dwell in you or fill you? (John 14)

Week 8   Does speaking in the Spirit or the indwelling of the Holy Spirit make you spiritual?
Week 9   How does the Holy Spirit work in the believer?

Week 10 The marks of a spiritual brother and sister in Christ. (John 8)
Week 11 Teaching and remembrance: The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. (Matthew 12; Mark 3; Luke 12)

Week 12 Teaching and remembrance: The sons of Sceva and Ananias and Sapphira (Acts 5; 19)

Gil Torres   - -    GTorresCUE@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. Hello Gil,
    I would be very interested in taking a look at your Indwelling of Diety in the beliver series. Is there a way I can access it?
    Thanks,
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob,
      For what it is worth I have received the go ahead from my elders to teach this study this summer from June 5 thru August 21.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your much appreciated comment, Rob.
    The series is one which I wrote several months ago and submitted to my elders about three months ago. It is nothing new.The core of it (#9) dates back 34 years. The series is not in any printed in any form other than just my very brief notes which I have prepared for class. I have received the go-ahead from my elders to teach perhaps in Summer. I have thought that I would make myself available to present it to a congregation who had declared their interest to hear and learn.
    The Lord bless you, brother.

    ReplyDelete